Race 1: TBC
Race 2: 10-Oct-2021
Venue: Reading Canoe Club
Reading Canoe Club, upstream of Caversham Bridge. Follow signs to Reading town centre then signs for Caversham. Then look for Canoe Race signs near Caversham Bridge.
There is limited parking outside the club, please park with consideration to our neighbours. Additional parking in Albert Road.
Additional parking – Details & Map (PDF)
Racing will take place in 5 classes A, B, C, D and Rocket. The Rocket Class is intended for Lightning paddlers. All other crews should calculate the total of their marathon divisions and then enter the appropriate class e.g. 1 x Div 5, 2 x Div 4 & 1 x Div 3 = 16 = Class B
|Start Time||Event||Marathon Division Total||Distance|
|09:00 (from)||Check-In Opens|
|10:30||Rocket + D||28+||5km|
|12:15||Class B||12-19||7.5km or 10km|
There are a limited number of boats; this may necessitate a crew’s division/class being changed. Every effort will be made to avoid this.
Race start times may need to change depending the entries received, latest information will be posted on the website homepage leading up to the event.
No entry on the day.
Senior: £7 per seat per race
Junior: £5 per seat per race
British Canoeing Day Ticket £5
Half price entry to those bringing their own K4.
A draw will be made for a K4, unless you specifically request a stable K4.
Please note if class is not quorate by Friday before the race at 12:00 it may be cancelled, so please include your email address for communication.
Reading Canoe Club will endeavour to have the following K4s available:
|5 x||Kobra / Nelo||Unstable|
|5 x||Commander||More stable|
|6 x||Rocket (Junior K4)||Very stable|
Reading K4 Race Organiser, Reading Canoe Club, The Warren, Caversham, Reading, RG4 7TH.
Or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheques made payable to Reading Canoe Club.
Notes to Competitors
- Buoyancy aids are compulsory for all Lightnings, as well as division 7, 8 and 9 paddlers whether they are racing in those divisions or higher divisions.
- Team leaders should decide if paddlers under 16 years of age in higher divisions should wear a buoyancy aid.
- The race organiser has the final say on who has to wear a buoyancy aid.
- Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring that paddlers are properly equipped having taken into account the paddler’s health, fitness, capability, the course, the prevailing conditions and other risks associated with this race.
- The Race will be run in accordance with the rules in the Canoe Racing Handbook.
- It is likely that paddlers will encounter other craft on the river. Rules of the river must be observed when racing – keep right.
- You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
Reading Canoe Club and its nominated officials cannot be held responsible for any loss of life, limb or equipment however caused.
Vertical number plates must be used.
Results will be available on the club web site shortly after the race at reading-canoe.org.uk.