We are hoping to reschedule this event for late July/early August 2020.
Venue: The Prom
Thameside Promenade, Reading, south bank of the Thames, upstream of Caversham Bridge. Follow signs to Reading town centre, then signs for Caversham. Canoe Race signs will be seen near Caversham Bridge.
Please note: No parking available at Reading Canoe Club.
Hasler points will be awarded in accordance with BCU rules (except lightning class).
|Start 10:30||Div 7, 8, 9,10||Div 7, 8, 9||4 miles||0|
|Start 12:00||Div 1, 2, 3||Div 2,3||12 miles||3|
|Div 4, 5, 6||Div 4, 5, 6||8 miles||2|
Senior: Pre-entries: £10 per seat per race
Junior: Pre-entries: £8 per seat per race
Lightning/Hody: £3 (covers both races)
Please use RACMAN for bulk club entries and email us.
Entries to be received the Friday before the race at 12:00 noon.
Late entries: £3 additional per seat
Team leaders only to check in, pay and make late changes.
Entrants must have a valid BCU membership card to show at check-in, if the latest ranking list does not show a valid expiry date. No card no race.
BCU day tickets (£5.00) are available for division 7 to 9 only.
Please email your entries to: email@example.com
Cheques should be made payable to Reading Canoe Club and posted to:
Reading Canoe Club
|10:00||Briefing Div 7-10 & Lightning|
|10:30||Starts Div 7-10 & Lightning|
|11:30||Briefing Div 1-6 & Hody|
|12:00||Starts Div 1-6 & Hody|
|15:30 (approx)||Prize Giving|
Notes to Competitors
- Veterans must be aged over 35 on 1st January of the race year.
- Juniors must be aged under 18 on 1st January of the race year.
- Team Leaders only to check in, pay and make changes.
- Buoyancy aids are compulsory for all Lightnings, Hodys as well as division 7, 8 and 9 paddlers whether they are racing in those divisions or higher divisions.
- Team leaders should decide if paddlers under 16 years of age in higher divisions should wear a buoyancy aid.
- The race organiser has the final say on who has to wear a buoyancy aid.
- Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring that paddlers are properly equipped having taken into account the paddler’s health, fitness, capability, the course, the prevailing conditions and other risks associated with this race.
- The race will be run in accordance with the rules in the Canoe Racing Handbook.
- Vertical number plates will be provided, £5:00 charge for lost numbers.
- It is likely that paddlers will encounter other craft on the river. Rules of the river must be observed when racing – keep right.
- All pre-entries must be received by 12:00 noon Friday before the race. After this date a late entry fee will be levied.
- BCU numbers must be with entry.
- Competitors must render their boats sufficiently buoyant to remain afloat and to support the crew in rough water in the event of capsize. No boat will be deemed to be sufficiently buoyant purely as a result of its construction (e.g. vac bagged/ sandwich or other construction) to fulfil this requirement, additional buoyancy will be required in the form of foam, air bags and/or sealed bulkheads.
- During the course of a competition any Items discarded by a competitor anywhere other than in a proper bin, must be recovered by the athlete, their support crew or coach immediately. It is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that this has happened. An event official witnessing non-compliance with this rule shall report the infringement to the race organiser and the offending competitor will be disqualified from the competition.
- Paddlers wishing to be exempt from portage due to medical reason must be made a week in advance.
- Reading Canoe Club and its nominated officials cannot be held responsible for any loss of life, injury or damage to equipment however caused.
- You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
Results will be posted on our web site at: reading-canoe.org.uk.