Follow the results as they come in here
The final course inspection is complete and all is looking good for tomorrow.
Now, take these steps and have a great race:
- Please get your number online here
- At check-in, you need to tell the team your number. They will confirm crew name(s) and issue you a southern region number (this must be used) and competitor food
- Parking at the start
- The public car park next to the check-in area is small and will fill up very quickly. No boat drop off will be allowed here.
- There is plenty of parking at Rivermead Leisure Centre car park
- Paddlers/supporters should take the footpath from Rivermead to access the river and check-in.
- There is very limited tall vehicle parking near the entrance to the small car park. Once full tall vehicles will get redirected to an alternative site
- Briefing 09:30
- Dress appropriately An easterly wind is forecast so could be cold – juniors must wear buoyancy aids
- Start at the right time!
- Parking at the finish There is a pay and display car park at Longridge Activity Centre. Once full you will need to park on the road. See below
- Results will be here
Follow marshalls’ instructions at all times. Ensure you park legally and considerately. Don’t block access or roads.
See you there!
Results will be updated during live here!
There is a good entry for Thameside 1 tomorrow, therefore we need to make extra effort to respect neighbours at the start, finish and along the course, representing our great sport in the best possible light.
In particular, please look at the schedule below and aim to limit time spent at both Aldermaston and at Reading Canoe Club (RCC).
Buoyancy aids are strongly recommended for all and compulsory for juniors, as the river is quite high.
The start window has been increased so slower boats should start earlier. We will run 2 briefings to accommodate people starting across the window.
The finish doesn’t open until 12:30 so if you finish before then you won’t get a time.
|09:45||Start window opens|
|11:45||Start window closes|
|12:30||Finish window opens|
Parking is limited so where possible please car share and remember to always park legally and considerately. This is very important to the future of this event.
- The Warren (road outside RCC)
The road is narrow so parking carefully is mandatory
We will cone off a passing area midway along the road. Please don’t block this space.
- Overflow parking (see map for directions)
- Albert Road, which is a short walk from the club
- Rivermead Leisure Centre, on the opposite bank to RCC, a canoe ferry will be in operation
- Get your race number from the club website
- Tell your number to the check-in team, who will confirm your name
- Check-in team will give you a South Region number board to use. No other number boards are acceptable.
So, remember to
- Bring & wear the appropriate kit
- Park legally and considerately
- Take your litter home
Entries looking good for tomorrow – check out who’s racing
There is a chance we might need to close the entries for Thameside 1 early, please do not delay entering.