It’s great to see the steady return to paddling and fitness of both Juniors and Adults and the regular use of the club. Thank you to all our active members and coaches as the large majority of you seem to be following the guidelines to help keep us safe, including booking access, trying to socially distance, and wash hands and clean club equipment before and after use.
However, it is inevitable that, as time goes on, we all become a bit more complacent. Yet with increased numbers and activity there is even more reason to follow the guidelines. Plus all indications are that we are going to have to manage this situation for several months to come. So it is the responsibility of us all – Juniors, Adults, Coaches, Parents and Visitors – to follow the guidelines and promote and implement their use.
So can we remind you, please:
- Do not come down to the club if you have symptoms of Covid19 or have been asked to self isolate
- You must book a timeslot to access the site with an identifiable name or initials of all paddlers. For junior coached sessions the coach is responsible for keeping a record of attendance, but the sessions must be identified. Several members have been down in the last week, who were subsequently found not to have booked in. If you are having trouble accessing or using Google sheets please let us know or ask another member to help you.
- Keep the site secure by locking the gate and clubhouse when you go out to paddle or leave the site when nobody else is around. On several occasions recently the gate, doors and shutters have been left open or not been closed properly. If another responsible member is around make an explicit request for them to close up.
- Continue to keep the boatshed dry, clean and tidy
- Do not empty water from your boats in the boatshed
- There should be no wet towels, boat bags, buoyancy aids left lying around
- Keep the downstairs lobby and worktop clear of kit / possessions. (see below*)
- Bring and take home your possessions. Several items have been left lying around the boatshed recently.
- Remember to protect against Weil’s disease – some symptoms are similar to Coronavirus.
- Read the attached updated Covid19 risk assessment
- If you must bring some kit on site, please leave it tidily along the line of the K4s in the boatshed. Otherwise the lower lobby gets too congested. However, access to the boiler room and the fire exit at the east end of the boatshed must be maintained.
If you have suggestions for improvements where things are not working quite right, or you feel uncomfortable, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can review and take appropriate action. We will consider proposals for opening up further areas of the clubhouse or activities e.g. gym However, this depends on agreement of the process to be followed, identification of any training, revisions to the risk assessment required and an individual taking responsibility to progress and manage the change.
Please help us keep all our members, developing athletes and visitors, safe, fit and healthy