Well Thameside 1 (final results) done and dusted for another year! A big THANK YOU to everyone who helped out, it was a complete team event which was great given the crazy number of entries.
At the start of the week there were 110 seats entered, almost bang on average. At the point we closed entries we had 307 seats, with a couple of groups and a few disappointed individuals who missed the cut off..
Whatever the size of an event RCC strive to make it the best so that paddlers want to do it again and our neighbours are happy for us to share their space each year. For this to continue we need the following…
- Enough resource to run things smoothly – thanks to all
- People to park sensibly and legally – most got it right, the rest need to try harder.
- It is disappointing that we had to assign half our staff to marshall parking!
- Remember – you are the public face of our sport.
- Flexibility in the schedule to accommodate higher volumes – hence the extended start window to spread out paddlers
- Paddlers to finish within the designated window – 22 boats finished too early today, the first by 22 minutes. We were kind and only gave you a time penalty not DSQ
- Continual process improvements
- Southern region number boards
- The new check in approach – less queues, easier for all
Looking forward to seeing you all at Thameside 2 on 12 Mar. As always feedback welcomed
Entries for T2 will open on Tuesday (28-Feb).